Friday, January 9, 2009

Almost in tears over baby clothes


A friend of mine is expecting her third child. She already has two boys and the new little one is going to be a girl. I offered her my baby girl clothes to use since I am pretty sure there will be no more babies for us. However, Michael and I said we would wait till Jack is in Kindergarden until we made a final desicion. Two kids in daycare is a secound house payment for us. So last night I got all the girl clothes out and was looking through them. God, they were so little and so cute. It made so sad looking at them. I kept saying to myself and Micheal... are we sure we are done. I was feel like I would never get the clothes back if I gave them to my friend (not that Katy is that type of person. She is very caring and I know would give the clothes back to me). I just felt like I was shutting the door on having another baby. Anyway, I just spoke to my friend and the plan is for her to wear the clothes hard. No to worry if they get messed up, but to check with me after she is done using to them to see if I want them back.
Another story- Jack asked me what I was doing with the clothes. I told him I was giving them to Nate's mommy because she was having a little girl. Jack said, "what is Nate naming her?" Not what is Nate's mommy and daddy naming! I told him that I do not know. Jacks said, " I think they should name her Jellybean." There you have it... Nate and Tanner will have a baby sister named Jellybean.... As a nickname!

1 comment:

Coopers said...

Awww, Kate!!! Dont make me cry, too. I just did the same thing. My girlfriend is having a girl in March, and she only has boys clothes, so I gave her Kaedin's 0-3 months clothes for now. I definitely will get them back, because we know we're going to have #2 sometime, but it was sad for me too to give them up - even though I can have them back. Im just as emotional as you are.
Also - you look freakin HOT in this picture - you tiny little thing you!